What is bacteria and periodontal disease?Did you know we all have a thousands types of bacteria in our mouth, and some of these can cause big damages in the teeth. Even though we clean properly our teeth we can have a periodontal disease.
Watch this video ==>
Our periodontal Disinfection is a comprehensive program that:
- Integrates the treatment of periodontal disease and the enhancement of periodontal health.
- Utilizes antimicrobial therapy and the prescription of supportive antibiotics, alongside conventional scaling methods.
- Is more comfortable and cost effective when compared to a surgical approach.
- Improves periodontal health minimizing the risk of other medically related periodontal problems.
Periodontal disinfection protocol
the full mouth disinfection protocol technique at Total Health Dentistry consists of the following steps:
- First periodontal appointment for probe and diagnosis.
- Hygiene instructions.
- Removal of supra and subgingival plaque.
- Radicular scraping and smoothing with Gracey curettes.
- Radicular scaling with perioset.
- Brushing of the back of the tongue with clorhexidine gel.
- Mouthwashes with clorhexidine.
- Subgingival irrigation of periodontal pockets.
- Use daily at home a Oral Irrigator. For more information watch the video below.
We Recommend to use:
Oral Irrigator unit at home
Mouthwash for periodontal procedures.
Contact us, Carmen Ph. 027 528 0081 (Hygienist) or Dr. Jake Goldenberg Ph. 021 495 550.